Certificates for the Process Industry
Zander extended the certifications for the Safety Logic Units. In addition to the currently existing type examinations according to ISO 13849-1, IEC 62061 as well as EN 50156-1 two new certifications has been added:
Firstly the superior standard IEC 61511 - Functional safety - Safety instrumented systems for the process industry sector and second the sector standard EN 746-2 Industrial thermoprocessing equipment - Part 2: Safety requirements for comustion and fuel handling systems.
Regarding the requirements of the final entire application, there are often great uncertainties which standards are necessary. See an industrial burner for example. Whether this product falls under the directive for machine components according to 746-2 incl. PL and SIL (ISO 13849-1, IEC 62061) or if it will be regarded as a component of a boiler process according to EN 50156-1 or IEC 61511 is often difficult to determine for the engineers.
As of now, Zander has an easy and cost efficient solution approach: certification of all above mentioned standards by the TüV Rheinland.
Fig 1: Relevant Standards for Process Technology
This means that the users have a proof in the form of a certificat, which documents the fullfilment of the normative standards.
Therfore less documentation is required, which also means, that the following safety components are certified for a wide range of final entire applications in different industries:
- Safety Coupling Relay SK3D
- Safety Relay SR3D
- Mini Safety Time Control Device SCB up to 99 s
- Mini Safety Time Control Device SCB up to 99 m
- Mini Safety Time Control Device SCB up to 99 h
- Safety, individual configurable Compact Controller TALOS® up to 990 s
- Safety, individual configurable Compact Controller TALOS® up to 990 m
- Safety, individual configurable Compact Controller TALOS® up to 99 h